United Way of Adams County, IL has announced plans to raise $1.1 million in the 2019 Annual Campaign, which officially begins August 1 at a kick-off event at the historic Washington Theater in downtown Quincy. The event will be attended by United Way leaders, volunteers, and many community partners. The 2019 annual campaign is lead by Mark Tyrpin, President and CEO of Mercantile Bank, and co-chaired by Philip Krupps.
“It's all about people helping people - that's the bottom line. When individuals who are in a position to do something for their community help those that need it the most, what you get in the end is a stronger, more vibrant population that ends up working for everyone," says Trypin.
Throughout its 82-year history, United Way has been connecting people and resources to meet the needs of others. We are the bridge to new opportunities as we focus on ensuring children and youth are on track for success in school, encouraging work readiness and financial stability, and increasing access to vital health services.
Through generous support by companies and individuals across Adams County, United Way supports 29 partner agency programs, numerous county-wide initiatives and community support services. United Way and its partners impact over 31,000 people each year – roughly 46% of all residents in Adams County. Teams of campaign volunteers reach out to area businesses, professionals and individuals to share how United Way approaches community investment, strengthens non-profit partner agencies, leverages state/federal dollars and ultimately impacts lives of children and adults.
“We can only reach our goal if those who hear our message will make a generous commitment to the campaign and encourage others to do the same," says Krupps, the 2019 United Way of Adams County co-chair.”
2019 United Way Campaign Kickoff
All are welcome to attend the United Way of Adams County 2019 #MakeHEREHappen campaign kickoff.
DATE: Thursday, August 1
TIME: Social Hour: 5:00pm (cash bar), Program: 6:00pm
WHERE: The Washington Theater, located at 427 Hampshire Street in Quincy.
COST: Tickets are $20 per person
TICKETS: AVAILABLE ONLINE BY CLICKING HERE
Celebrate the beginning of the 2019 #MakeHEREHappen campaign. Red Light Bar & Grill will have light appitizers and a cash bar available.
Learn more about our organization and the many volunteers who help make our community a great place to live, work, and invest in.
You may also RSVP by calling 217-222-5020 or by emailing email@example.com.
2019 United Way Wednesday Restaurant Days locations announced
Come be a part of our Restaurant Days tour this fall as we feature a different local restaurant every Wednesday starting August 7. Each location has kindly agreed to donate a portion of daily sales made that particular day back to Adams County through United Way.
Featured locations include:
- August 7: TCBY (18th & State)
- August 14: The Abbey (18th & Spring)
- August 21: Gem City Pizza (18th & State)
- August 28: Tiramisu' (3rd & Hampshire)
- September 4: Jimmy John's (both 18th & Broadway and 45th & Broadway)
- September 11: Cassano's (27th & Broadway)
- September 18: Drakes (located inside the Quality Inn at 3rd & Jersey)
- September 25: Popp'n on Maine (927 Maine)
- October 2: The Park Bench/Revelry (121 N. 4th)
- October 9: Tony's Too (located inside the Holiday Inn, 48th & Oak)
- October 16: Bailey's (30th & Broadway)
- October 23: Zoup (35th & Broadway)
- October 30: Tower of Pizza (27th & Broadway)
- November 6: Kelly's (28th & Broadway)
- November 13: Fuji Sushi & Steakhouse (50th & Broadway)
- November 20: Red Light Bar & Grill (428 Maine)
- November 27: Tropical Smoothie Cafe' (35th & Broadway)
- December 4: Krazy Cakes (5th & Hampshire)
- December 11: Dunnbelly's (45th & Broadway)