Joe Bonansinga Community Service Award
- a high level of service and leadership by example.
- an intensity of energy in their work that invigorates and inspires others.
- longevity of service and work that nurtures the community.
- choosing commitments based on the needs of others and the benefit to the community
- the true joy of helping others.
Joe, pictured at right under the goal banner from the 1997 United Way Campaign, was the first chairman to lead a campaign that exceeded the $1 million mark. Near the close of the campaign, he inspired campaign volunteers to reach the goal saying, "anything less is not acceptable for this community." His leadership and vision still inspire us today!
Do you know someone whose service to the community makes them an outstanding volunteer leader? Submit them for nomination for the 2018 Joe Bonansinga Award. Click the link below to download the nomination form. Nominations are due by Friday, March 30.
The Joe Bonansinga Community Service Award will be presented on April 17 at the Noon Rotary Club Meeting, which is held at the Holiday Inn (4821 Oak). Special thanks to the Rotary Club for hosting the award presentation.